The purpose of the ASA Women in Leadership Interest Group is to bring visibility to the value of women leaders in the global staffing industry and to provide education and support tools to companies committed to expanding and developing opportunities for female leaders in all career stages.
Women in leadership council members will share their experiences and expertise as advisers and mentors for each other and for other leaders in the industry. In addition, the council will work to provide more professional development and educational opportunities to strengthen and advance the knowledge and skills of women leaders.
Goals & Priorities
- Council leaders plan and facilitate networking calls for industry leaders
- Plan in-person and virtual conference programs for women leaders
- Market and promote Women in Leadership scholarship program and serve as review committee for applications
- Assist with sponsor acquisition and recognition to enhance Women in Leadership initiative
- Develop and plan sessions for Staffing World conference
Council volunteers are passionate about supporting and bringing up other women leaders in the industry. Volunteers work hand in hand with other women in the industry to plan meaningful programs, sessions, and networking events that advance women leaders. Council leaders should be plugged into the industry so they can provide valuable suggestions and thought leadership on topics that impact career growth for women.
The time commitment for the Women in Leadership Council is 15-20 hours per year plus attending the Women in Leadership THRIVE Live pre-conference program at Staffing World (recommended but optional) and THRIVE Virtual program.