ASA Central Network

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  virtual reality

Posted 07-25-2022 14:21
    Hi ASA family,

I hope everyone is bearing up under this heat wave.

Has anyone had experience using Virtual Reality/ VR  head sets in training employees for jobs, and/ or using it to train them to increase safety performance while on the job?

I have read various articles about VR being used by some large companies for these purposes, and wondered if staffing cos are doing the same.

Stay safe and stay cool,

David

------------------------------
    David Schek
    President
    Work Comp Staffing Solutions - LeastStaff.com
    Rockville MD
    (202) 302-1212
    Avionte post ad

• 2.  RE: virtual reality

Posted 07-26-2022 08:52

Hi David,

I've heard similar and I'm interested in seeing what staffing companies are doing.

Regards,

AGAPE OGBONDA

Senior Legal Counsel

t: +1 713 341 0282 m: +1 832 707 2779 w: www.airswift.com

3050 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1450, Houston, TX 77056 United States

Airswift  @weareairswift  Airswift

Airswift logo

Footer background

This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and may be confidential. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Airswift, its subsidiary or associated companies.

The content of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged material intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. Viruses, compromises of security, data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment are inherent risks in relation to email and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments. Neither the sender nor the Airswift Group accept any liability for any virus infection and/or external compromise of security in relation to transmissions by email. Any views expressed in this email may not reflect those of any company, affiliate or associated company of the Airswift Group. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. Air Resources Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Company number: 01427732 Registered address: 4th Floor, Delphian House, Riverside, New Bailey Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M3 5FS.

Avionte post ad

• 3.  RE: virtual reality

Posted 07-26-2022 10:30
    Hi Agape,

Thank you for responding

I will send you a great article about this subject if you like.

Our family supports a school/ training program for special needs folks.  They are considering using V/R to help introduce different career occupations to the special needs folks they work with.

As a former staffing co owner and now work comp solutions consultant to 250 staffing cos,  our clients are always looking for ways to add value to their staffing firms, as well as differentiate themselves from their competitors.

I think VR may help do this in the future.

Stay safe,

David

David Schek
    President

Contact Information:
      Ofc.-          202-302-1212

American Staffing Association Member since 2005
    ASA  Central 2019-2021 Most Valuable Contributor
    ASA PAC Contributor
    ASA Safety Committee Member

America's Leading Staffing Workers  Compensation Broker With 50 Years Experience. 

How To Choose the Best Staffing Work Comp Broker:

Work Comp Staffing Solutions Options:

This electronic mail message and all attachments may contain confidential information belonging to the sender or the intended recipient. This information is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic or otherwise), forwarding or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender by telephone, facsimile, or email to arrange for the return of the electronic mail, attachments, or documents.

Avionte post ad

• 4.  RE: virtual reality

2020 Staffing World Attendee
    Posted 07-28-2022 10:24
    Hi David,
    The Workforce Division of our company, named TalentGro, uses virtual reality to assess our Associates' forklift operation skills.  We are able to evaluate a candidate's skills before being placed on-assignment and will even share the results of the assessment with the client.  Additionally, we can use the forklifts to train individuals who demonstrate potential for driving a forklift or need a refresher, at the request of the client. 

Virtual reality provides a fully immersive experience, while ensuring the safety of the individual and of the facility.  We have partnered with an organization who specializes in virtual reality education and training, so please reach out to me if you'd like us to connect you with them.  Hope this helps!

Eduardo Martinez CSP
    Marketing Manager
    Hamilton-Ryker
    Franklin TN

Avionte post ad

• 5.  RE: virtual reality

Posted 07-29-2022 11:06
    Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your thoughtful response.

I would love to hear more about your VR experience, and learn the name of the VR company that you are familiar with.

Pls feel free to contact me anytime.

David
    202-302-1212

David Schek
    President

Contact Information:
      Ofc.-          202-302-1212

American Staffing Association Member since 2005
    ASA  Central 2019-2021 Most Valuable Contributor
    ASA PAC Contributor
    ASA Safety Committee Member

America's Leading Staffing Workers  Compensation Broker With 50 Years Experience. 

How To Choose the Best Staffing Work Comp Broker:

Work Comp Staffing Solutions Options:

This electronic mail message and all attachments may contain confidential information belonging to the sender or the intended recipient. This information is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic or otherwise), forwarding or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender by telephone, facsimile, or email to arrange for the return of the electronic mail, attachments, or documents.

Avionte post ad