ASA Central Network

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Software options- would love to know your opinion

Posted 06-24-2022 11:43
    Hello everyone,

I am doing a little research on the following software solutions and would love for everyone and anyone to chime in to help me.
    Looking to see what you think of the software capability, customer support and response timing. Please let me know if any of them work well with VMS/MSP  as well

COATS- The newest version
    Zenople by Aquore
    AKKEN
    Carvin
    ABLE
    The Fackler Group

I would also love to hear about great onboarding software options.

Thank you all in advance! I appreciate the help

------------------------------
    Darlene Barzilay none
    VP of Business Development
    New York
    (516) 238-4093
    Avionte post ad

• 2.  RE: Software options- would love to know your opinion

Posted 06-27-2022 14:54
    Edited by Jay Mattern 06-27-2022 14:56
    Hi Darlene. Great question. It's always good to get feedback from others in the industry who have direct experience with any of these applications. The final analysis, as you know, belongs to you and your team. There could easily be two differing opinions on any one of these software solutions. The difference lies in how it's being used, what internal IT support the staffing company has, and how much they use all of the features.

My staffing firm changed software several times, and we found that the best approach was multi-faceted:

1. Create your software acquisition team comprised of different types of users (accounting, recruiting, sales, etc.).
    2. Establish the criteria that will be used to evaluate the software solutions:
      1. Must-have features (these are deal-killers if not present).
      2. Like-to-have features (these would be great if present but manageable if they are not).
      3. Wish-to-have features (these are things that, if included, would be unique and genuinely differentiate from the other solutions).
    3. Use a "start with the end in mind" approach to consider what the ideal solution would look like. 
    4. Review your list of targeted software providers and use the criteria established in step number 2 to shorten the list.
    5. Meet with each finalist in person (have them come to you) and review in detail all of the must/like/wish features to determine the extent of their capabilities.
    6. Assess in great detail each provider's process for customer support. This is critical!
    7. Determine the extent to which each solution can be customized.
    8. Discuss software updates -  how often? How are they done? 
    9. For cloud solutions, what sort of redundancy do they have? Backup process? Disaster/recovery plan?
    10. Make sure your current hardware is compatible with each solution.
    11. Always follow up with at least three references.
    12. It's not just about the cost. It's also about the improved efficiency the solution brings and its ability to support ongoing growth.

As you have demonstrated, this is a critical decision and not one you want to take lightly. I hope these suggestions help.

Jay Mattern
    CEO
    TerraFirma Marketing
    South Bend IN
    (574) 213-3855

Avionte post ad

• 3.  RE: Software options- would love to know your opinion

Posted 06-27-2022 15:41
    Hi Jay
    Thank you for the information.

I appreciate it

Darlene Barzilay none
    VP of Business Development
    New York
    (516) 238-4093

Avionte post ad

• 4.  RE: Software options- would love to know your opinion

Posted 07-05-2022 15:21
    Great Feedback Jay! 

It's a process that took our software committee 8 months to select 3 finalist.

Danny Minor CSP
    Director of Operations
    Allegiance Staffing LLC
    Spring TX
    (281) 355-9222

Avionte post ad

• 5.  RE: Software options- would love to know your opinion

Posted 07-05-2022 15:37
    Thanks, Danny. When done correctly, it's a laborious process. But this is one that you can't afford to get wrong.

Jay Mattern
    CEO
    TerraFirma Marketing
    South Bend IN
    (574) 213-3855

Avionte post ad