The ASA Chapter Excellence Awards recognize extraordinary communications, programming, and member engagement efforts in 4 difference categories:
- Chapter Communicator Award
- Chapter Innovator Award
- Chapter Engagement Award
- Chapter Legislative Excellence Award
- Information in award submissions are eligible if they occurred between July 1 and June 30 of the award year.
- ASA must have receipt of the completed Chapter Reporting Form.
- Chapters may submit entries for multiple Chapter Excellence Award categories.
- If there are no chapters that qualify for an award, the award will not be given.
Reviewing and Selecting Winners
Chapter Communicator Award
Recognizes excellence in communicating with chapter membership and promoting chapter to the industry.
Individual or combined marketing campaigns related to chapter events covering email, direct mail, texting, and personal contact.
Individual or combined marketing campaigns for membership recruitment and retention.
Content on a chapter web site.
Chapter Engagement Award
Recognizes chapter for extraordinary efforts to recruit, retain, and/or strengthen its membership through programming and engagement activities.
Increasing chapter membership.
Expanding membership in a specific demographic.
Developing successful recruiting initiatives displayed by the chapter's board and its membership.
Overall membership growth exceeding 5%.
Creating new membership campaigns.
Increasing attendance at educational programs.
Offering relevant educational programming.
Launching new sponsorship engagement options/programs.
Chapter Innovator Award
Recognizes a chapter that demonstrates an innovative approach to programming, communications, or technology to better serve its membership.
Launching a new chapter program/education offering
Partnering with other groups to develop community projects.
Partnering with an organization outside the industry to sponsor special events.
Transforming major events into virtual offerings during a pandemic.
Updating and re-positioning a current program.
Utilizing a new technology to increase engagement.
Chapter Legislative Excellence Award
Recognizes a chapter that demonstrates the most successful legislative activity.
Actions taken by the chapter on legal, legislative, or regulatory issues that arose during the year at either the state or federal level.
- ASA Chapter Leader Liaison Committee members will comprise the selection committee--1 representative from each chapter.
- Applicants will be grouped by category--large-budget chapters (over $40K operating budget) and small-budget chapters (under $40K operating budget).
- Large-budget chapters will review small-budget chapters' submissions and select the winner(s). Small-budget chapters will review large-budget chapters' submissions and select the winner(s).
The legislatve excellence award will be selected by the ASA Legal Team.
- April 17, 2023--Call for awards applications
- June 16, 203--Deadline to submit forms for chapter awards and chapter reporting form
- June 22, 2023--Chapter awards review period begins
- July 21, 2023--Deadline to complete chapter award reviews
- August 3, 2023--All winners notified